Celebrating brewery anniversaries in the time of COVID19 feels a bit sad. I’ve celebrated quite a few this year, in properly socially-distanced form, but it just doesn’t feel the same. Sure, we can all still do what’s necessary to help support our favorite craft breweries during this difficult time, but not being able to attend a big party/gathering, nor any other type of festivals or craft beer events this year, is really starting to wear on me.
Counterbalance Brewing Company in Georgetown understand this. I know they’d love to have a great big party to celebrate, but that wouldn’t be safe or responsible. Instead, they’ve put together a 3-day event with limited outdoor seating (make your reservations now!), food trucks, and 3 new beer releases and a few special releases from their cellar.
Here is some more information about this 3 day anniversary celebration from Counterbalance Brewing Company:
Counterbalance Brewing celebrates its sixth anniversary January 29, 30, and 31, 2021. They just couldn’t leave well enough alone and let the occasion pass without thanking the fine folks who have gotten Counterbalance this far, so Frank, Jeff, and the crew have assembled a simple and safe event in order to share some delicious new and old treats.
Here’s how it’ll work:
• 3 Days: The event will be spread over January 29, 30, and 31 in order to ensure social distancing and all best safety practices.
• Table Reservations: available now at http://www.counterbalancebeer.com to guarantee your spot. Each covered, outdoor table is good for up to 5 people for up to two hours, and the $40 reservation fee includes 5 pints OR flights of 4 tasters. There will be very limited walk-in table availability, but reservations are recommended.
• Sanitation: Each table will be fully cleaned and sanitized between seatings. Masks required at all times except when seated at a table enjoying beverages.
• Food Trucks: Come hungry! There will be food trucks onsite Friday and Saturday. Sunday is BYO Snacks.
• Beer to go: There will be an expanded selection of beer to-go including 6th Anniversary beers and some limited offerings from the cellar. If sticking around isn’t the right option for you, come grab some beer and food to go!
• Full details and updates will be available on Counterbalance Facebook and Instagram pages as well as at http://www.counterbalancebeer.com.
Three new beers, including Can’t Leave Hazy Mango IPA, Well Enough Alone Hazy IPA, and Cinnamon Pale Ale, will be released on draft and in cans. All three were designed to be full-flavored, sessionable beers while exhibiting a range of delicious flavor profiles.
Cellar beers: Keep an eye on our social media for details on draft and bottle releases from the cellar during the weekend!
Counterbalance Brewing Company, owned and operated by Jeff Howell and Frank Lawrence, opened its doors and launched wholesale distribution in February 2015. Counterbalance beers are self-distributed to bars, restaurants, and retail locations throughout King County and occasionally beyond.
Counterbalance Brewing Company
503 South Michigan Street, Suite B
Seattle, WA 98108
Reservations are still available for all 3 days of Counterbalance’s anniversary celebration. Please note, as describe above, your reservation will cost $40, but is good for up to 5 people and includes either 5 pints or flights of 4 tasters. So book your spot now before they fill up.
Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.