Each year, the Phinney Neighborhood Association (PNA) hosts a Summer Beer Tasting. This year will be the 12th year for this fun event, which is scheduled to take place this Saturday, July 22nd at the Phinney Neighorhood Center.
The motto/slogan for this year’s event is Summer of Beer which is a throwback, of course, to the Summer of Love. That’s very fitting since the Summer of Love was exactly 50 years ago (1967).
Here is some more information about this event from The Phinney Neighborhood Association:
Don your best tie-dye or flower power dress and celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Summer of Love with…BEER! Includes ten tastes from over 30 local microbreweries and cideries, plus brat bites from Barking Dog Alehouse and pub snacks. Meet the people behind your favorite brews, chat with neighbors and fellow enthusiasts, and enjoy an afternoon of delicious beverages.
PNA Member: $25
General Public: $30
Designated Driver: $10
This is a 21+ event.
Here is the full, preliminary lineup of breweries and beers that will be pouring for this year’s taste:
- Aslan Brewing Co.: Disco Lemonade with Strawberry, Tales of Ordinary Madness, Watermelon Radler
- Black Raven Brewing Co.: Kitty Kat Blues Infused Pale Ale, Squawker IPA
- Bluebird Microcreamery & Brewery
- Counterbalance Brewing Company: Bohemian Pilsner, Counterbalance IPA, Abigale Blonde Ale via Randall
- Diamond Knot Craft Brewery: Binnacle Summer Ale, Azacca IPA
- Dirty Couch Brewing: Solstice Berliner Weisse, Resolute Sour Blonde, Inflection Bourbon Sour
- Dru Bru: Bavarian Style Hefeweizen, Hop Session
- Floating Bridge Brewing: Cascadian Sunset IPA, Cascadian Dark Ale
- Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery: #trendy kettle SOUR beer, Red Scarf India Red Ale
- Fremont Brewing: Raspberry-Lemonade Summer Pale Ale, Coffee Cinnamon B-Bomb Barrel Aged Winter Ale, Brother
- Georgetown Brewing Company: Bodhizafa IPA, Johnny Utah Pale Ale
- Ghostfish Brewing Company: Kick Step IPA, Ghost Pepper Saison
- Greenwood Cider Co.: Dry Cider, Blush Cider
- Hellbent Brewing Co.: Jasmine Wheat, Dang! Citra IPA
- Lantern Brewing: Orondo Furioso, Bombe Cerise
- Lagunitas Brewing Company
- Lazy Boy Brewing: Squeeze and Squirt IPA, Guava Blonde Ale
- Lucky Envelope Brewing: Raspberry Sour, Grapefruit ENIAC IPA
- Maritime Pacific Brewing Co.: Nightwatch Cold Brew Coffee Ale, Scurvy Dog Lager
- Mollusk Brewing: Beach Beer Margarita Sour Ale, Grisette Americana Session Farmhouse Ale
- Naked City Brewery: Yankee Drifter Summer Lager, Coconut Key Lime Kolsch
- NW Peaks Brewery: Ingalls Ginger Pale Ale, Czech Dark Lager
- Pike Brewing Co.: Pike Space Needle Golden Grapefruit IPA
- Populuxe Brewing: Moving Day IPA, Sour Apricot Wheat
- Portland Cider Company: Sangria Fruit Cider
- Ravenna Brewing Company: Juan Carolita Jalapeno Kolsch, Alluvia IPA, Summer IPA
- Reuben’s Brews: Latona Crush, Raspberry in Berlin, ConRadler
- Rooftop Brewing Co.: Gateway Creamsicle, Makeda Coffee Porter with Theo Cocoa Beans
- Salish Sea Brewing Co.
- Seattle Cider Co.: Berry
- Stoup Brewing: Bavarian Hefeweizen, Mighty Bine IPA
- Two Beers Brewing Company: Day Hike Summer Ale
- Urban Family Brewing Co.: Hexaploid, Peachsicle
- Woodinville Ciderworks: PomCherry and Asian Pear
Get your tickets for the 2017 PNA Summer Beer Taste now, or sign up to be a volunteer (only a few spots are left). The event goes from 4 pm until 7 pm at the Phinney Neighborhood Center (6532 Phinney Ave N).
Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.