Sumerian Brewing Company has a lot on their plate right now. They continue to add new accounts, so you can now find their beers at 9 Costco locations, Xfinity Arena, 7-11, Haggen stores and Safeway stores, in addition to your local craft bottle shop. They’ve also worked to get their beers onto Washington State ferries and will also be one of several local craft beer choices available at Safeco Field for the coming 2017 Seattle Mariners season (watch for a Mariners 2017 Season Food & Drink preview coming in early April).
In addition, Sumerian is preparing for their 2nd Anniversary celebration and have also started to release their first canned beers thanks to their new canning line. The first of their beers up in cans will be Hopruption – formerly known as Eruption Double IPA.
Here is some more information about the canned beers coming from Sumerian Brewing Company:
Exciting to align our second year Anniversary with a canning launch series. It will first begin with the Hopruption (former Eruption Double IPA, same beer/evolved trademark name), then go to Holy Water Citra IPA, and following we’ll release cans to market of the Lucidity Pilsner and lastly the Narcissism IPA.
Here is some more information about the 2nd Anniversary Celebration from Sumerian Brewing Company:
Held Saturday, April 8th from 4-9:00 PM. We’ll feature Live Music, Air Hockey, Corn Hole, Ping pong, Beer Pong, 1/6 bbl. bowling and a Cigar tent! Not to mention food trucks, beer garden open and specialty featured beers; Sauvignon Blanc Pilsner, Mexican Lager, Frambra, Habanero Stout, Extra Hoppy Double IPA and Citrus Holy Water!
As mentioned above, Sumerian will also be one of many different locally-made craft beers you’ll find on tap again this season at Safeco Field. You’ll be able to enjoy their Holy Water Citra IPA at all home games.
Here are the locations in Safeco where you’ll find Holy Water available on tap:
- Caught Lookin’ Jack Daniels Bar – in the outfield area, next to the ROOT Sports broadcast stage!
- Hit it Here Café – on the club level, inside the restaurant and also outside on the terrace (open to the public).
- Section 185 Northwest Beers stand – overlooking the bullpen in center field.
- Section 319 Good Hops beer stand.
- Lookout Landing bar – by section 349, upper deck, left field corner. A great public space with a view of the field and the city.
- All Star Club – on the suite level, 1st base line. Sort of a “mini-Diamond Club” with open buffet, but a cash bar.
- Section 121 Northwest Beers stand – a very popular spot along the 1st base line, close to home plate!
Finally, if you’re a fan of the Home Mariners Show on KIRO 97.3 FM, be sure to tune in on April 29/30 to hear Sumerian Founders Mark and Holly Ihrig talk craft and being en entrepreneurial couple with host Peter Lisoskie.
Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.