There are several breweries in Seattle’s Ballard neighborhood. Most of them do great work but, for me, there are a few standouts who are head and shoulders above the rest. One of those standouts is Reuben’s Brews. They’ve earned over 100 medals at various competitions since first opening back in 2012 (quite an achievement for such a young brewery), and they make some of the best Rye beers I’ve ever had.
Now it’s time to celebrate those achievements in style. Coming up this weekend is Reuben’s Brews’ 4th Anniversary celebration. They’ll be tapping 25 different beers, including a brand new IPA dubbed Hopped off the Press!
Here are some more details about the 4th Anniversary celebration from Reuben’s Brews:
It’s crazy to think that it was four years ago on August 5th, 2012 that we opened our doors to the public for the very first time! How time has flown, almost as fast as the Blue Angels we saw from the brewery that first day we were open!To celebrate our four years we wanted to let you know we’re having a party this Saturday, August 6th, starting at noon. We’re going to be having a few fun things happening that day:
- First 200 attendees will receive a free commemorative pint glass to take home with the purchase of their pint! (Limit one per person)
- We will release a brand new IPA, Hopped off of the Press! Named after the intense dry hopping on the beer – this beer is best enjoyed fresh. The beer sheet explaining the beer is attached. The beer will make it out to limited distribution next week to our keg customers.
- We will have 6 pack cans of Hopped off of the Press! available. We will can only a small batch which will be available for taproom purchase only.
- We will pour some of our barrel aged beers, including 2015 BBIS, 2015 Breakfast Stout and a sneak preview of 2016 Bourbon Barrel Auld Heritage (our old ale) that will be released later this winter!
- We will have a raffle with lots of great prizes, including limited release growlers and Mariners tickets!The taplist will feature a total of 25 beers, as follows:
- Cascara Gose
- Dark Lager
- Cream Ale
- American Rye
- 2016 BBIS
- 2016 Bourbon Barrel Auld Heritage
- 2015 Barrel Aged Breakfast Stout
- Hop Tropic
- Hopped off the Press!
- Imperial Rye IPA
- Summer IPA
- Life on Mars
- Crikey IPA
- Black Imperial IPA
- Wee Heavy
- London Calling
- Bloody Crikey
- Nitro Dry Stout
- Cask Summer IPA
Thanks for all your support these first four years, and cheers to many more!
That’s a great lineup. I’m especially looking forward to trying the 2016 BBIS and 2016 Bourbon Barrel Auld Heritiage, as well as the new Hopped off the Press! IPA. I’m sure I won’t be disappointed. Get there early if you want a free commemorative pint glass, which will only got to the first 200 people to purchase a pint (limit one per person, as noted above). Also, don’t forget to grab a six pack of Hopped off the Press! to go.
Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.