It seems like Seattle Beer Week just keeps getting bigger every year. There are well over 240+ events listed for this year’s festivities, including tap takeovers, special tasting, brewer’s nights, ticketed dinners and more. If you haven’t started making your plans you’d better get busy. It all kicks off next Thursday, May 7th with several opening night events, including the final stop of the official Seattle Beer Week kickoff events.
Naked City Brewery & Taphouse always gets in on the fun and they’re all set for this year. They’ve brewed up 8 special collaboration beers and are preparing to tap 80+ regional brews throughout Seattle Beer Week.
Here is the full press release from Naked City Brewery & Taphouse, with a rundown of their Seattle Beer Week events:
When: May 7 – 17, 2015
Where: Naked City Brewery & Taphouse, 8564 Greenwood Avenue N
Seattle, WA – Naked City’s head brewer Don Webb collaborated on a series of unique beers that will be featured at Naked City’s pub during Seattle Beer Week alongside 80 hand-selected, rare beers from Washington State and Oregon. The Walrus Beer Garden at Naked City will host five epic brewers nights including two new events: Wood Aged Washington and Battle of the Gorge.
Seattle Proper: The finest wood-aged and deliciously odd beers brewed inside the Seattle city limits (5/7, 6-9pm).
Nanobrewery Night: The best beers from all the nanobreweries we could find all over Washington State. On this epic night we celebrate the smallest of the small batch, hand-made, unique craft beers that make Washington so special (5/8, 6-9pm).
Battle of the Gorge: Join us for a very special night as the famed breweries of the Columbia Gorge battle it out in a head-to-head blind taste test: Oregon vs. Washington (5/11, 6-9pm).
Wood Aged Washington: We’ve collected it all for you in one place, for one night. The finest wood aged beers brewed in all of Washington State, from border to border to border, and everywhere in between (5/12, 6-9pm).
Oregon Night: Talk hops with an all-star cast of brewers, including Ninkasi’s Jamie Floyd, while tasting wood aged and deliciously odd beers from the finest breweries in Oregon (5/13, 6-9pm).
Naked City will host three quirky beer events during Seattle Beer Week: Barleywood Squares (5/8, 12-2pm), a Mother’s Day Psycho screening with live soundtrack from DJ Nicfit (5/9, 8-10pm), and the second annual Big NakedWashers Tournament in the Walrus (5/16, 3-5pm).
All events feature themed food pairings from Chef Tessa Roberts.
Be sure to add a few of these events to your Seattle Beer Week #7 plans. They’ve got plenty of room in The Walrus Beer Garden. I had a great time there last year at Nanobrewery night and Barleywood Squares.
Here is the full list of Naked City’s Seattle Beer Week #7 collaboration beers:
- Sister Midnight Black Saison (With Ninkasi Brewing, Eugene, OR), black Saison brewed with black cardamom.
- Rauch City (With Silver City Brewing, Silverdale, WA), smoked bock beer.
- Geaux Naked (With Geaux Brewing, Belleveue, WA), American Barley wine style ale aged on Myers Rum soaked oak.
- Lemon Lavender Pale (With Outlander Brewing, Seattle, WA), Pale Ale brewed with Meyer Lemon and fresh lavender.
- Old #48 Bus Imperial Stout (Brewed with the Toronado, Seattle, WA), imperial stout brewed with dates, prunes, and golden raisins.
- Everybody’s Naked in the Backwoods (With Everybody’s Brewing andBackwoods Brewing), Wheat IPA hopped with Columbus, Centennial, Cascade, Ella, and Nelson Sauvin.
- Da Plane Da Plane (With Airways Brewing, Kent, WA), coconut IPA.
- Naked Time (With Big Time Brewing, Seattle, WA), saison with Curacao Orange Peel.
They sound delicious and I love the names. I’ll be sure to drop by Naked City myself for a few events this year.
Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.