Summer is finally here, though the bit of rain we may get the next couple of days will be sure to remind you that you’re still in Seattle. Summer means it’s time to enjoy more craft beers outdoors. Naked City Brewery & Taphouse made that a bit easier this past year, with the addition of the Walrus Beer Garden: Naked City’s large, welcoming outdoor patio space. It’s a great place to enjoy a few pints on a nice afternoon or to, perhaps, hold a beer festival.
To that end, Naked City has teamed up with Northwest Beer Guide to host Session Fest – back after a 1 year hiatus. Billed as Seattle’s only ‘light beer’ festival, there will be selections from over 25 different breweries from Washington, Oregon, California and Montana.
Here is the full press release from Naked City Brewery & Taphouse and Northwest Beer Guide:
Ses-sion, Pronunciation: \ˈse-shən\ Function: noun, a meeting devoted to a particular activity; “a filming session”; “a gossip session” Function: adjective, the name of a perceived style of beer usually associated with an ale or lager that is equal to or less than 5.00% Alcohol by Volume.
Returning after a one year hiatus, Seattle’s only ‘light beer’ festival, features over 25 breweries from the Northwestern region and California. This year stands to be our best yet, featuring numerous Session India Pale Ales, India Session Ales, Stouts, and even Berliner Weisse in the Walrus beer garden at Naked City (8564 Greenwood Avenue North Seattle, WA 98103). Breaking it down by state, we’ll have 18 participating breweries from Washington, 6 from Oregon, plus 1 each from Montana and California.
New to this year’s Session Fest is the introduction of the “Best in Show” and “ISA: Interesting Session Ale” awards, for people’s favorite and the best India Session Ale.
Kicking off on June 26th, at 6pm, with a Brewers Night and an outdoor bar, you’re invited to stop by and grab a pint (or two) while enjoying Session Fest!
Participating Brewery Beers
- 7 Seas Life Jack Session India Pale Ale
- 4.90% Airways Sunjet Hybrid Ale
- 4.80% Amnesia Summer Breeze Golden Ale
- 4.60% Big Time Millenium Falconer Session-style Pale Ale
- 4.90% Black Raven Nothing But Flowers Session-style India Pale Ale
- 5.00% Dirty Bucket Hefen’ Pineapple
- 3.70% Engine House Berliner Weisse
- Elliott Bay Brewing *To Be Determined
- Epic Ales Brewing *To Be Determined
- 4.50% Fremont Wandering Wheat *with a secret addition
- 4.30% Foggy Noggin’ Little Lucy English-style Special Bitter
- 4.20% Kulshan Full 90 Session Ale
- 4.70% Port Townsend Yoda’s Green Tea Golden Ale
- 4.50% Rainy Daze Session India Rye Ale
- 4.90% Reuben’s Dry Stout (on Nitro)
- 4.60% Schooner Exact India Session Ale
- 4.50% Scuttlebutt Earthy Blonde with Rooibos Tea
- 5.00% Seapine La Fantasma Blonde Ale
- 5.00% Silver City Ziggy Zoggy German-style Lager
- Two Beers Day Hike Summer Session Ale
- 4.90% Basecamp Hop in the Pool Helles
- 4.40% Breakside Passion Fruit Sour Ale
- 3.90% Caldera Lawnmower Lager
- 4.50% Crux Fermentation Northwest Pale Ale
- 4.70% Oakshire Smokin Helles Rauch-style Helles
- 4.50% pFriem Family Little Saison
- 4.50% Upright Four Saison
- 4.50% Stone To Go India Session India Pale Ale
- 4.20% Big Sky Pygmy Owl Session India Pale Ale
In addition, a special selection of Session Fest beers will be on tap during the Greenwood Car Show and 5th Annual Beer Can Derby in the Walrus beer garden at Naked City on Saturday, June 28th. High Noon.
For a complete description of the beers listed above, contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unlike so many of Seattle’s more ‘high octane’ festivals, Session Fest should allow you to sample a wider variety of beers without winding up needing a wheelchair to get home, due to the low ABV of the selections. Can’t make it to Naked City on the 26th? Don’t worry. As noted above, a special selection of the beers listed above will also be on tap at Naked City during the Greenwood Car Show and 5th Annual Beer Can Derby in the Walrus Beer Garden on Saturday, June 28th.
Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.