Not all craft beer bars are created equal. Thankfully, we have some pretty amazing craft beer bars in and around Seattle. One such establishment is Burgundian in Seattle’s Tangletown neighborhood. They opened their doors on December 28th, 2011 to rave reviews and have only improved since then. If you’re looking for a place with a great beer selection (plus a full liquor bar), and amazing food to accompany those delicious drinks, then you need to get to Burgundian.
Originally called The Publican, Burgundian was forced to change their name under threat of a lawsuit in 2012 from The Publican in Chicago. They offered to change their name to ‘The Publican, Seattle’, but that wasn’t good enough. So, Burgundian it is! With an ever-changing gourmet menu, 22 taps, a large selection of craft bottles and cans, plus an extensive liquor selection (including over 100 different whiskey/bourbon choices and 85+ tequilas), just about anyone can find something at Burgundian they’ll enjoy.
This Saturday, 1/18, Burgundian is celebrating their second anniversary with an incredible ‘Imperial Festival’.
Just check out this amazing tap list:
- Allagash PNC Broken Elevator Portland Maine (8.1%)
- Brewdog Hardcore IPA Ellon, Aderdeenshire, Scotland (9.2%)
- De Proof/HOTD Fred Flanders Lochristi, Belgium (7.5%)
- Deschutes Abyss Imperial Stout Bend, OR (11%)
- Evil Twin Molotov Cocktail Imperial IPA Copenhagen / Brooklyn, Denmark (13%)
- Firestone Walker Double DBA Barleywine Paso Robles, CA (12%)
- Firestone Walker PNC Buckwheat Imperial Stout Paso Robles, CA (13.6%)
- Flyers Brouwer’s Café 8th Strong Scotch on Laphroaig Oak Harbor (10.9%)
- Fort George Eleventh Sour Astoria, OR (7.7%)
- Fremont Hazelnut Dark Star Nitro Seattle, WA (8%)
- Green Flash 11th Anniversary Double Dry Hopped West Coast IPA San Diego, CA (7.3%)
- Hair of the Dog Doggie Claws ’11 Portland, OR (11.5%)
- Hillard’s Grand Inquisitor Sherry aged Dopplebock Seattle, WA (8%)
- HUB Brouwer’s 6th Imperial Stout ’12 Portland, OR (10.5%)
- Laughing Dog 8th Anniversary De Achtste Hond Ponderay, ID (7.2%)
- New Belgium La Terroir Fort Collins, CO (7.5%)
- Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Whiskey Barrel Longmont, CO (9.4%)
- St. Bernardus Christmas Ale ’11 Watou, Belgium (10%)
- Silver City Imperial Stout Bremerton, WA (9.2%)
- Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Maple Stout w/coffee Chico, CA (12.9%)
- Stone Bottleworks 13th Anniversary American Strong Ale (11%)
- The Bruery Bottleworks 12th Anniversary Imperial Sour Wit Placentia, CA (8%)
Now THAT’S impressive! Also, as if that weren’t enough, Burgundian will have some special menu selections this Saturday, including an imperial (i.e. gigantic!) version of their very popular Chicken & Waffles. Not your speed? How about a biscuit the size of your head? No? Perhaps a Whoopie Pie as big as your fist? These and other food choices will be flowing out of the kitchen during the celebration to satisfy your gastronomic desires.
Burgundian will be celebrating all day long, starting when they open their doors at 10:00 AM. Don’t miss this amazing event.
Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.