It seems like it wasn’t long ago that Joel VandenBrink, originally from Holland, decided to follow his passion for brewing and start Two Beers Brewing Company in a Seattle garage. I can hardly believe it’s already been five years. Today, Two Beers Brewing operates out of its 4,800 square foot brewery and taproom in Seattle’s SoDo district and creates 12 different beers, including five year-round, seven seasonal and a smattering of small-batch infusions including Jalapeno-infused Evo. IPA and Lime Ginger-infused Panorama Wheat.
In just over two weeks, on November 3rd, Two Beers Brewing will hold their 5 Year Anniversary Celebration from 2-7PM at the brewery and taproom. Here is the official press release from Two Beer Brewing:
Join us as we celebrate five years of growth, expansion and excitement with twelve taps, live music, food trucks, a limited release Double IPA and more!
Craft beer lovers and Two Beers Brewing fans are invited to celebrate an exciting five years in business for Two Beers Brewing Co! Since 2007, Two Beers Brewing has expanded from 170-square feet to 4,800-square feet, and has tripled capacity every year to bring Two Beers Brewing to a projected 7,000 barrels per year by the end of 2012. To thank those who have made it possible, all are invited to Two Beers Brewing’s biggest celebration yet.
Join us on Saturday, November 3, from 2-7 p.m. at Two Beers Brewing’s tasting room – The Woods – and enjoy:
- $4-$5 pints and food available for purchase from Where Ya at Matt, a creole food truck bringing soul to the people of Seattle
- All year-round offerings on tap, plus seasonal brews including award-winning Jive Espresso Stout, Heart of Darkness Imperial CDA and Pumpkin Spice 2012
- A limited edition Anniversary Double IPA (available on tap and in 22-ounce bottles) – brewed with 10 Pacific Northwest hops, and aged on 320 pounds of organic peaches and plums – with $1 of every pint sold donated to non-profit organization The Mountaineers
- A free limited edition Two Beers Brewing anniversary bottle opener/keychain (limit one per guest)
- Live music from local band Hot Bodies in Motion
- Limited edition fifth anniversary tulip glasses, available for purchase
- Self-guided brewery tours and more!
Saturday, November 3
2 – 7 p.m.
Two Beers Brewing Co.
4700 Ohio Ave S
Seattle, WA 98134
This event is open to the public. Kids and well-behaved dogs welcome.
Visit the Two Beers Brewing Facebook page for more information.
In addition to growler fills at the brewery and taproom, you can find the following Two Beers Brewing Company beers in cans and bottles all around the Puget Sound:
Available in 22-ounce bottles (availability dependent on season):
Evolutionary IPA, Heart of Darkness Imperial CDA, Persnickety Pale Ale, SoDo Brown, Pumpkin Spice Ale, Fresh Hop
Available in 12-ounce cans (availability dependent on season):
Evolutionary IPA, Immersion Amber, Panorama Wheat, Persnickety Pale, SoDo Brown, Trailhead ISA
So, get yourself down to the SoDo neighborhood on Saturday, November 3rd and join the celebration. Here are a few other ‘fun facts’ about Two Beer Brewing:
- Two Beers Brewing started out in a 170 sq. ft. ActivSpace in Fremont; five years later, it’s busting the seams of its 4,800 sq. ft. brewery and tasting room in SoDo, known as “The Woods.”
- The infamous Two Beers Brewing’s delivery truck, a Chevy Astro Van lovingly named Brutus, has been around since 2009 and has become a mascot of sorts for the brewery – needless to say, there’s not much of an interior left…
- Two Beers Brewing produced 100 barrels in its first year; by the end of 2012, it expects to be brewing more than 7,000 barrels a year!
- The three original beers offered by Two Beers were its Echo IPA, Immersion Amber and 20:20 Blonde; the growing brewery now offers five year round beers, seven seasonals and a host of limited run brews.
Drink responsibly and stay safe out there.